Real estate is a team sport and to reach your full potential as an investor, you must build a team of great people. Working with the right agents, mortgage originators, attorneys, contractors and many others are essential to making a fortune in this business. Sadly, many beginner and experienced investors alike, surround themselves with mediocre, or even worse, lousy team players. A team full of mediocre players is destructive and produces poor results. Do yourself a big favor and surround yourself with great real estate teammates. And here's how you locate, attract and work with great real estate players.
Real Estate is a Team Sport
- Even if you are a one-man-show, in a real estate transactions many different people are involved.
- The most successful real estate investors have assembled a team of the best in each field.
- Building a team of great people is essential to successfully investing in real estate.
- 10% of the people are great
- 90% are at best mediocre and at worst, awful
- Most people work with the mediocre 90% because they are the easiest to find.
- Have the discipline to work with the great 10%
Finding Great Real Estate Team Members
- Top Producing Real Estate Agents: RealTrends.com
- Mortgage Originators: ScotsmanGuide.com
- Attorneys: Martindale.com
- Contractors: AngiesList.com
Friends of a Feather Flock Together
- Not all great people are on the top of industry ranking lists.
- If you can find at least one great person, they can refer you to other great people.
To Work with Great People, Be Great to Work With
- Do great deals with tons of profit in them so that you can pay great people well for their services.
- Be a great person to work with because A Players don't typically associate themselves with poor performers
- If you are first getting started and don't have a track record of excellence, at the very least, show the character of future greatness, such as being a great communicator, being honest and a high level of integrity as well as being very consistent and always doing what you say you are going to do.